- +49 241 80 90206
- Send Email
Online consultation via ZOOM
Do you have further questions about Zotero? The team from the Reference Management Helpdesk at the University Library is available to answer your questions by appointment in a ZOOM meeting.
Simply contact us by e-mail and we will arrange an individual appointment with you.
With Zotero, you can store and manage your references. In addition, it is possible to further process the references in word processing programs. Citation templates for publications in scientific journals are available for download via the Zotero Style Repository.
How to use Zotero in 3 Minutes
Zotero has a wieder range of functions and benefits:
- Zotero is a free open source reference management program
- data can be synchronized via online account, device-independent access to Zotero Web Library
- user-friendly handling
- platform-independent use for Windows, macOS and Linux
- easy import of metadata from websites via the Zotero Connector
- PDF import and PDF indexing possible
- collaborative work via Zotero Groups
- over 10,000 citation styles available and editable via a graphical online editor
Downloading and Installing
RWTH Configuration Settings
To use Zotero's full-text search (Find in library catalog), you have to specify the address of the university library's SFX server in the Zotero settings: sfx.hbz-nrw.de/sfx_rwth.
Plugins for Word Processing Programs