Scopus database of the company Elsevier
Scopus is a multidisciplinary database for scientific publications and their citations.
Different tools are available for tracking, analyzing and visualizing research information from various fields, for example:
- Natural science, engineering technology, medicine and health science
- Social science
- Arts and humanities
Data about Scopus:
- 75 million references and abstracts from more than 23.500 peer-reviewed journals, published by more than 5.000 international publishers (status: June 2020)
- Daily updates
- Abstracts indexed backwards to 1970 (in some extent to 1788)
- All since 1996 published articles have (additional to the abstract) also references
- Linking to full text articles and other bibliographic sources
- Constantly increased offer of open-access and online-only-journals
- Constantly increased offer of book titles (status June 2020: more than 194.000)
Beside numerous search options it is possible to create personalized search-profiles and to set an alert-service (also possible as RSS-Feed).
In addition to these brief instructions about Scopus, there is a Playlist to an E-Tutorial-Series Scopus and SciVal of the University Library .