Interlibrary Loans Service
Our partner for interlibrary loan is the Digital Library of the NRW University Library Centre. In the Digital Library you can search in numerous catalogues and databases at the same time and have the literature found sent to the university library via interlibrary loan.
To use the interlibrary loan service, please enter your user number and your password:
Further Information on Interlibrary Loans
How much does it cost to place an interlibrary loan request?
Interlibrary loan costs 1.50 EUR. This is a flat-rate fee for expenses, regardless of the delivery. Interlibrary loan of journal articles is free for RWTH personnel.
How long does it take for items to arrive?
- Books: approximately two weeks
- Journal articles: from a minimum of a few days to a maximum of two weeks
How can I check whether my order has arrived and is ready for collection?
- via email (free of charge)
- via post (0.70 EUR for postage)
How can I check the status of my order?
You can track the progress of your order online by logging on to your account via the Fernleihkonto option in the main menu of DigiBib.
Are there any additional costs?
Articles consisting of more than 20 pages may incur additional charges depending on the library delivering the items. You will be informed of any additional charges and will need to agree to them before they are debited from your Library Account.
Which items cannot be ordered via interlibrary loan?
- Items which are already available in Aachen libraries
- Items costing less than 15 EUR
- Magister, Diploma and exam theses and papers
- Articles from newspapers and consumer magazines
Can entire volumes of journals be ordered?
- Please consult our staff at the interlibrary loans service desk.
Can items be ordered from abroad?
Yes, please consult our staff at the interlibrary loans service desk for further information concerning delivery times and charges.
Are there any restrictions on the use of items ordered via the interlibrary loans service?
The library delivering the items to you may impose conditions on the use of these items, for example:
- loaned items may only be consulted within the Library, that is they are not for home use
- photocopying of items may be prohibited
- there may be a reduced loan period for items ordered through interlibrary loan
- it may not be possible to renew items ordered through interlibrary loan