Registration Services for Guests
To create a library account, you must be registered in the Identity Management (IdM) of RWTH Aachen University.
- Please come to the University Library's circulation desk in person, write us an email or call us at +49 241 80 94456.
- You or our colleagues at the circulation desk will enter your valid email address in a form and send it off.
- You will then receive an email from the IT Centre of the university with a coupon that you can use to register in the IdM of the university (Instructions for coupon procedure).
- After logging in to IdM, it is necessary that you activate your library account. (Help)
- The library access card can be collected from the circulation desk after 24 hours during service hours.
- Please bring the following documents:
Students from other universities or universities of applied science and guests:
Your personal identity card or passport. If you do not possess a German identity card, you will also need to present a certificate of registration.
Students under the age of 18:
Your personal identity card, a consent form which has been signed by a parent or legal guardian and your parent’s or legal guardian’s personal identity card or passport. Consent Form for Students under the Age of 18 (German) : Please fill in the form in full and print it out. The form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian and presented at the Library circulation desk along with the parent’s or guardian’s personal identity card or passport.
- Students from other universities or universities of applied science and guests:
- Persons wishing to use the Medical Library (e.g. University Hospital staff without RWTH identification) can contact our colleagues in the Medical Library directly (on site).
By registering for the University Library, users accept the Library policies and code of conduct, including the fees and fines policy.
User number and password
- After activation (see above), you can log in to the university library catalogue via the university's Single Sign On system. You will need your IdM user number (in the format ab123456) and the corresponding password. You received this data in the course of registering in IdM.
Lost Library Cards
The loss of the library card must be reported to the University Library immediately. In order to prevent possible misuse, the card will then be blocked for use. A fee of 10 EUR will be charged for the production of a replacement library card in case of loss or damage. In case of a change of address, please update your personal contact data via the Self Service (Help for changing personal data).