University Library Registration Services for RWTH Staff
- You activate your library account in the Selfservice - RWTH Aachen University Help
- Alternatively, the activation can also be done in the library by the lending staff.
- Minors: in addition, the declaration of consent and the identity card of a parent or guardian must be presented.
Declaration of consent for minors (de): Please fill in completely, print it out, have it signed by your legal representative and present it together with your identity card at the lending desk of the University Library.
- Your library card will be prepared for you and will be available within 24 hours at the chosen branch of the University Library. Please bring your identity card with you when you pick it up.
- On request, we can also send you the ID card by in-house mail at your own risk.
User number and password
- After activation (see above), you can log in to the university library catalogue via the university's Single Sign On system. You will need your IdM user number (in the format ab123456) and the corresponding password.
Lost Library Cards
If you are using your Bluecard as a library card (e.g. as a student assistant), please block your Bluecard immediately via the Self Service link. Otherwise, the loss of the library card must be reported to the University Library immediately. In order to prevent possible misuse, the card will then be blocked for use. A fee of 10 EUR will be charged for the production of a replacement library card in case of loss or damage. In case of a change of address, please update your personal contact data via RWTHonline (e.g. for student assistants) or the Self Service (for employees) (Help for changing personal data).
A fee of 10 EUR is charged for the issue of a replacement identity card in case of loss or damage.