University Library Registration Services for RWTH Students
The RWTH BlueCard as a library card
- How to activate your library card
- The RWTH BlueCard also acts as a library card for the University Library. To use your BlueCard as a library card, you will need to activate it online in the Accounts section of the RWTH Aachen University Self-Service. Help
- Alternatively, the Library staff at the circulation desk can activate your library card for you.
- Students under the age of 18: In addition, you will need to present a signed consent form along with a parent’s or guardian’s personal identity card or passport.
Consent Form for Students under the Age of 18: Please complete the consent form in full and print it out. It must be signed by a parent or legal guardian before it is presented at the Library circulation desk along with the parent’s or guardian’s personal identity card or passport.
- User Number and Password
- After activation (see above), you can log in to the university library catalogue via the university's Single Sign On system. You will need your IdM user number (in the format ab123456) and the corresponding password.
- After activation (see above), your Bluecard is also your library card, which you must show at the counter to borrow media.
- Lost BlueCard
- If you lose your RWTH BlueCard, it is your responsibility to have the card blocked as soon as possible via s elf service (Help). From there, the RWTH BlueCard is automatically blocked for the library. Please also use self service to update your personal contact details.
- By registering for the University Library, users accept the Library policies and code of conduct, including the fees and fines policy.