Publishing via institutional repository of RWTH Aachen University
If you select this option, the University Library will publish your dissertation on the RWTH Publications server for you.
- Your work has enhanced visibility worldwide and is more easily accessible and searchable.
- Your work contains a permanent, stable URL, which means that it can be cited reliably.
- You only need to grant the University Library non-exclusive rights of use to your work. You are then free to republish your work at any time.
Ways of publication:
- “First publication” on the publication server of the University Library.
- Publishing house publication parallel to publication on the RWTH publication server.
- Pre-publication: The content or parts of the content of the dissertation have already been published previously, e.g. as journal articles.
For the latter two ways, please note the following:
- Clarify legal issues with the publishing house at an early stage.
- Make sure that you only transfer the simple and not the exclusive right of use to the publishing house.
- In the publisher's imprint, in addition to the publisher, the copyright notice and the year of publication, the following note must be included: "D 82 (Diss. RWTH Aachen University, [naming the year of the oral examination])".
- In the case of pre-publications, bibliographic details of the included articles are mentioned on the back of the dissertation title page. This can be the DOI, journal title, publisher and place of publication. In addition, the note "D 82 (Diss. RWTH Aachen University, [naming the year of the oral examination])" must be listed.
- The dissertation title page must be placed before the publisher's title page, the imprint or the bibliographical details of the articles included.
- Fill in the Online Form.
- Upload your publication (PDF and original format e.g. Word or LaTeX). Make sure that the PDF has a navigable table of contents and that the fonts are fully embedded. For instructions, see Create PDFs with LaTex and Create PDFs with Word.
The PDF file will be made available and accessible online after official approval and authorization by the faculty in question.
- The Author's Agreement is displayed at the end of the form. With the Author's Agreement, you transfer to the library the simple right of use to distribute your work on the Internet.
Note: We accept Author's Agreements in written form (printed and signed in the original) or in electronic form. Author's Agreement in electronic form must be signed either with a qualified electronic signature or with an advanced electronic signature created with a certificate from DFN-PKI (see instructions). Please note that for legal reasons we are not allowed to accept Author's Agreements that are only signed with a simple electronic signature or a scanned signature.
- If you would like to define the DOI in advance, you can read about the process in Pre-naming of the DOI.
- Choose the form of submission:
Postal OR personal
Postal: Send us the documents by mail.
Please note that both postal mailings require your contact information, a printed hardbound copy, and the Author's Agreement. Send the documents to:
Services for scientific publishing
In person: Book an appointment in the appointment tool for a personal submission.
Please note that a printed, hardbound copy and the Author's Agreement are required for a personal submission. The office for submission is located in the University Library building, Templergraben 61, on the E-Empore room EE 016.
- Online-Publishing Checklist (pdf: 53 kb)
- Online Tutorial
- Author's Agreement (pdf: 174 kb)
- Signaturen in Autorenverträgen (pdf: 13929 kb)
- Creating a table of contents and embedding fonts in Microsoft Word (dt.) (pdf: 103 kb)
- Creating a table of contents and embedding fonts in LATEX (dt.) (pdf: 118 kb)