Registering for Library Services
- Monographs, dissertations and textbooks are located in the open stacks at the Medical Library. You will need the shelf mark to locate items (see also Cataloging System), which can be found in the KatalogPlus.
- It is not possible to borrow medical journals or items from the reference holdings.
- books and supplements: 20 days
- DVDs: 5 days
The University Library sends a reminder email before the loan period ends as well as overdue notices after the deadline has passed. We are not responsible for whether or not you receive the email.
Late fees apply regardless whether a reminder mail was sent or received.
- Orders can be placed via the KatalogPlus.
- Items from the Main Library can be ordered at the Medical Library and vice versa (exceptions: special collections and reference holdings).
- Important: Please ensure that you make note of the branch selected for collection in the KatalogPlus (Medical Library or Main Library )
Renewing Loaned Materials
- Renewals can be requested via the KatalogPlus, via email or in person during the staffed service hours at the Medical Library.
- Renewals are only possible if the item in question has not been placed on hold by another user.
- Each individual item can be renewed a maximum of 3 times, then it must be returned to the Library.
- Umbrellas and power strips cannot be renewed.
- Renewals cannot always be guaranteed.
- Overdue items which have not been renewed are subject to a fine (see Fees and Fines Policy).
- Via the user account in the KatalogPlus.
- Please check and make sure that the renewal was successful.
Placing Hold Requests
- Can be placed through the KatalogPlus.
- Important: Make sure you select the correct lending and pickup branch (Medical Library and Central Library)
Items can be returned to either the Medical Library or the Main Library during staffed opening hours.
Lost or damaged Items
Personal Belongings and Lockers
- Bags and jackets are not to be brought into the library. Please use the lockers provided.
- Locker keys can be collected from the circulation desk (please bring your BlueCard - it is required as a deposit for your key).
- Lockers may not be used overnight.
Use of the Medical Library is regulated by the RWTH Aachen University Library Policies and Code of Conduct.