University Library Registration Services for RWTH Staff
- You activate your library account in the Selfservice - RWTH Aachen University Help
- Alternatively, the activation can also be done in the library by the lending staff.
- Minors: in addition, the declaration of consent and the identity card of a parent or guardian must be presented.
Declaration of consent for minors (de): Please fill in completely, print it out, have it signed by your legal representative and present it together with your identity card at the lending desk of the University Library.
- Your library card will be prepared for you and will be available within 24 hours at the chosen branch of the University Library. Please bring your identity card with you when you pick it up.
- On request, we can also send you the ID card by in-house mail at your own risk.
User number and password
- Your user number for the library is assigned during your self-service registration and is also printed on your library card.
- When you register in the self-service, you assign your password for your library account.
Lost Library Cards
- If you lose your library card, you must immediately block it yourself via RWTHonline. From there your library card will be automatically blocked for the library. If you change your address, please update your data via RWTHonline as well.
- A fee of 10 EUR is charged for the issue of a replacement identity card in case of loss or damage.