What is data management?
Active management of research data in scientific projects is necessary in order to
- effectively work
- meet the demands of good scientific practice (RWTH, PDF)
- ensure the replicabiity of research results
In research data management you consciously assume responsibility for your own data with the aim of replicability and long-term availability.
Why should I practice data management?
- Fulfill the demands of large research funders
- Improved efficiency in your project
- Reduction of time and resources over the long term
- Guarantee of integrity and replication of your research
- Guarantee of the correctness, completeness, and reliability of your data
- Improvement in data security and minimization of the risk of losing data
- Avoidance of double work through the re-use of research data
- Fulfillment of industrial partners' requirements
- Enablement of transdisciplinary re-use of your data
- Easier implementation of data-related requirements from professional journals