FAQ Study Spaces
Which study spaces can be used in the university library?
There are 76 learning places in library 1 and 146 learning places in library 2 available for use. Due to the requirements of the Corona Protection Ordinance, not all available learning places can be used there, as the prescribed distance must be observed.
When are the study spaces in the UB open?
The study spaces of the UB are open from Monday to Friday from 8.00 to 16.30 o'clock . From 16.15 o'clock the closing of the library is prepared.
How can I book a study space in the university library?
From 23.8. on, a reservation of study spaces is only possible via the booking system of the university sports centre, which the RWTH is using on a trial basis for all learning rooms.
A booking is mandatory.
You can select a day via the study space reservation and you will be assigned a fixed learning place for this day.
A booking is possible 24 hours in advance.
For which period can I book a learning place?
The study space booking is valid for the respective day for the entire opening hours.
A cancellation is not possible.
Can I book my preferred seat number?
The places are allocated within a learning room according to the order of booking. It is therefore not possible to select a specific seat number.
Can I still book a learning place for today?
If not all learning places are reserved, you can also reserve a learning place for the current day. To do so, please check whether a place is still available via our learning place reservation and book it. The learning place is at your disposal all day during the opening hours.
Can I cancel my booked study space?
For reasons of traceability, cancellation is unfortunately not possible.
Therefore, please only book a study space if you are sure that you will use it.
Can I get a study space without booking a place?
That' s not possible, I'm afraid. Without prior booking you cannot get a learning place.
How is the admission to use the study spaces regulated?
The seat reservation is valid all day. Please show your booking confirmation at the entrance, where you will be given your seat number.
Which hygiene measures are obligatory during the stay in the UB?
- Please use only the reserved seat. It is not permitted to redistribute chairs or exchange seats with other people.
- Please wear a mouth-nose cover on the way to the seat, in the staircase and on the way to the sanitary facilities. This may be taken off at the seat. Please observe the usual hygiene rules (distance, sneezing label, hand hygiene).
- The lift may only be used by a maximum of two persons.
- You can take all your personal belongings (jackets, bags) to your study space. The lockers, including the permanent lockers, remain closed.
- As usual, drinking from leak-proof and resealable drinking containers is permitted; eating is not permitted.
- All measures are subject to further amendments to the Corona Protection Ordinances.
Can I leave the library during the opening hours 8:00 - 16:30 to have a break or a coffee?
You can leave the library without registration, but you must show your seat reservation valid for the day when you re-enter the library.
The vending machines for drinks and snacks in the UB are not in operation.