FAQ Study Spaces
Which study spaces can be used in the university library?
From 01.07.2020 76 study spaces in library 1 are released for use. Due to the requirements of the Corona Protection Ordinance, not all available learning places can be used there, as the prescribed distance must be observed. The learning places in library 2 will remain closed until further notice.
When are the study spaces in the UB open?
The study spaces of the UB are open from Monday to Friday from 8.00 to 16.30 o'clock . From 16.15 o'clock the closing of the library is prepared.
How can I book a study space in the university library?
The booking of a learning place is exclusively (!) done via the University Library's Reservation System. You will receive a list of available dates for the next 3 days with the corresponding admission times. In the list you can order a free place. You have to be logged in with your user number and password. You will receive an order confirmation in your user account. You can print this confirmation and bring it to your appointment. Alternatively, you can show the order confirmation on your smartphone at the entrance control. If you enlarge the display before the check, this will speed up the admission process.
For which period can I book a learning place?
The learning place booking is valid for the respective day from your admission date for the entire opening hours.
Which booking dates are available?
You can choose from appointments for the next three days. The opening hours are from 8.00 to 16.30 o'clock. Choose one of the available admission options: Admission at 8.00, 8.10, 8:20 or 8.30 o'clock. A limited number of study spaces are available for each of the admission options.
Can I book my preferred seat number?
Seats are allocated according to the order of booking. The selection of a specific seat number is therefore only possible section by section.
Can I still book a learning place for today?
If not all learning places are reserved, you can also reserve a learning place for the current day until 12 noon. To do so, please check whether a place is still available via our learning place reservation and book it. The learning place is at your disposal all day during the opening hours.
Can I get a study space without booking a place?
That' s not possible, I'm afraid. Without prior booking you cannot get a learning place.
How is the admission to use the study spaces regulated?
Please arrive on time for your admission appointment: 8.00 a.m./ 8.10 a.m./ 8.20 a.m./ 8.30 a.m. A member of staff will check your seat reservation and let you in. Please have the printout of your booking confirmation ready or alternatively the (enlarged) confirmation on your smartphone. If you arrive too early, please stay in the forecourt. It is not necessary to form a queue. All students with a booking are entitled to a study space.
Can I also come before my admission date?
This is unfortunately not possible due to the necessary access regulations.
What if I have missed my admission appointment, can I come later?
The seat reservation is valid all day. If you have missed your admission appointment, you can come to the UB after 8.30 am. Please show your booking confirmation at the entrance.
Which hygiene measures are obligatory during the stay in the UB?
- Please use only the reserved seat. It is not permitted to redistribute chairs or exchange seats with other people.
- Please wear a mouth-nose cover on the way to the seat, in the staircase and on the way to the sanitary facilities. This may be taken off at the seat. Please observe the usual hygiene rules (distance, sneezing label, hand hygiene).
- The lift may only be used by a maximum of two persons.
- You can take all your personal belongings (jackets, bags) to your study space. The lockers, including the permanent lockers, remain closed.
- As usual, drinking from leak-proof and resealable drinking containers is permitted; eating is not permitted.
- You are obliged to fill out and sign the form "Information for the purpose of traceability in the sense of the Corona Protection Ordinance" available at your study space and to deposit it in the box provided for this purpose.
- All measures are subject to further amendments to the Corona Protection Ordinances.
Can I leave the library during the opening hours 8:00 - 16:30 to have a break or a coffee?
You can leave the library without registration, but you must show your seat reservation valid for the day when you re-enter the library.
The vending machines for drinks and snacks in the UB are not in operation.