It has been possible to major in psychology at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities at RWTH Aachen University since 1960. The system was changed to the present Bachelor and Master structure in the fall semester of 2006/2007. The basis of the research- and learning curriculum is a combination of basic research and applied sciences. Key issues are theories, methodology and the application of cognitive psychology, work psychology, organizational psychology as well as vocational rehabilitation psychology.
Relevant work areas and fields of research are developed on grounds of problems concerning human-technique interaction (ergonomics, workplace design), and the improvement of social systems at the workplace (work teams, organizational structures, organizational health care, vocational rehabilitation).
In general, the institute addresses its teaching and research largely to the human in a technical world, and working environment. Hereby it incorporates the engineering- and scientific emphasis of RWTH Aachen University.
On the following pages, we put together information that could be valuable for you.
Our institute is organized as follows:
- Chair I: Cognitive and Experimental Psychology
- Research area I: Work and Cognitive Psychology
- Chair II: Personnel and Organizational Psychology
- Research area II: Vocational Rehabilitation
- Teaching and Research Area of Psychology with a Focus on Auditory Cognition
- Junior Professorship: Psychological Methodology