University Library Registration Services
Who can register to use the University Library?
Where can I register?
- University Library Circulation Desk, Templergraben 61, Ground floor, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Medical Library, Uniklinik RWTH Aachen, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
Registration for the University Library allows users access to facilities, media and collections on all Library sites. Registration and use of the Library are free of charge.
By registering for the University Library, users accept the Library policies and code of conduct, including the fees and fines policy.
Following activation of the RWTH BlueCard, or after a Library Card has been issued, a password will automatically be generated . Please change this password via the University Library Catalog.
Registration for RWTH Staff
- Please fill in the registration form (de) in full, print it out and sign it before obtaining from your respective institute. Please return the completed form to the Library, addressing it to the Circulation Desk (see postal address below). Your Library Card will be sent to you by post. If you do not have an RWTH Personnel Number, please attach a copy of your employment contract to the registration form.
Application form for Guests
Please complete the form (de) and return it to us via:
post: Universitätsbibliothek der RWTH Aachen
or fax: +49 241 80-92704
- Your Library Card can be collected during staffed service hours within 24 hours of applying for membership.
- Consent form for students under the age of 18 (de): Please fill in the form and print it out. The form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian and presented at the circulation desk along with the parent’s or guardian’s personal identity card or passport.
If you lose your RWTH BlueCard, it is your responsibility to have the card blocked as soon as possible via the Campus Office website. Your BlueCard will then be automatically blocked from use in the Library. Please also use the Campus Office service to update your personal contact details.